Monday, April 28, 2008

Not registered? You have until Saturday

The N.C. Center for Voter Education and UNC-TV have produced an online voter’s guide with a lot of helpful information, including how to register and cast your vote in the same-day registration and voting process that ends Saturday, May 3.
Here’s a news release from center about the work of the two institutions and a link you can follow to learn more:

"Online Guide Gives Voters Facts on N.C. Candidates

"RALEIGH With North Carolina engaged in a historic primary election, the N.C. Center for Voter Education has partnered with UNC-TV statewide public television to create an online voter guide available at www.ncvoterguide.org.

"The guide features information on voting in this year¹s primary election, candidate profiles and multimedia interviews with the contenders, including those vying for down-ballot offices often overshadowed by the presidential and gubernatorial races.

"Research by the N.C. Center for Voter Education has found that the No. 1 reason why registered North Carolina voters don¹t cast a ballot is that they don¹t know enough about the candidates. This lack of information is especially prevalent when it comes to judicial and Council of State races.

"'It is wonderful that the presidential primary is inspiring voters to head to the polls, but it is vital that voters also have information about the other races that await them on the ballot,' said John Thompson, executive director of the N.C. Center for Voter Education. 'This online guide is designed to empower North Carolina voters with the facts they need to cast a confident ballot in all statewide races.'

Incorporated with the guide¹s candidate profiles is the Judge for Yourself: Election 2008 series featuring in-depth, one-on-one interviews with contenders for the governor¹s mansion, U.S. Senate, Council of State and N.C. Court of Appeals.

In addition to being available at www.ncvoterguide.org, Judge for Yourself: Election 2008² can be heard at www.ncvotered.com/govote.

"The Raleigh-based N.C. Center for Voter Education is a nonpartisan and nonprofit organization, dedicated to improving elections in North Carolina."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...young people are not so set in their ways that they can't see the world differently"
- Barack Obama, North Carolina

He disses PA VOTERS and now anyone that is not part of his YOUNGER GROUP. What is wrong with this guy?????

IF he knew about developmental psychology, he would know you change until you die.

Anonymous said...

What he means is that younger voters have no sense of history, and can't see that his "change" message is more of the same old Marxist line that liberals have been spouting for years.

bvbocan said...

I am a white working class mother of two beautiful and intelligent children ranging from nine to twelve years old. Christian values coupled with integrity is very important to me and is why I choose to support Hillary Clinton for President over Obama. I have to admit that I’ve been concerned with the tone of the campaign as of late and am beginning to have some concerns about my choice in candidate.
Senator Clinton said if Rev Wright was her pastor she would’ve left the church and alluded that she placed a high premium on integrity of the company she keeps. Yet she chose to remain with her husband after he committed a number of adulterous affairs, including Jennifer Flowers and Monica Lewinski. Also, there are some very troubling reports that I’ve read about regarding her pastor that has not been reported by the main stream media. Bill Clinton was impeached for telling lies to a grand jury, disbarred and ultimately created a moral embarrassment to prestige of the American presidency. Senator Clinton’s comments about the Wright issue just do not seem to reconcile with her actions to remain loyal to a husband who lied and cheated to her and the American people. I am also troubled that she never offered an apology to the nation and Monica Lewinski after it was confirmed that her husband lied about the sexual involvement. This especially since Mrs. Clinton had accused Ken Star of being on a right wing witch-hunt and called Monica a liar. I can understand the Senator defending her husband when she didn’t have knowledge that he lied. However, she should have demonstrated character by apologizing to the American people after evidence confirmed that he did.
On another topic but in keeping with the theme of character and credibility- My 9 year old daughter watched the Bosnia “misstatement” incident reported in the media and asked me to explain the difference between a misstatement and a Lie. It was an interesting topic and I was aware of the potential mine-field. Therefore I carefully responded to my daughter by saying:
“It is Senator Clinton’s belief that she made a human mistake when she re-told the events of the Bosnia trip to be slightly different that the actual occurrence, therefore she feels it is was misstatement since her version was not changed deliberately”
My daughter followed up by asking why Mrs. Clinton repeated the incorrect version on 3 separate occasions with such specific, vivid clarity- she was also curious to know why Chelsea Clinton confirmed her mother’s version to be factual when asked by the media. Why would Mrs. Clinton encourage Chelsea to lie on her behalf if it was a mistake, she queried? My daughter then asked if I was satisfied with the explanation given by the Senator. At that point I was unable to defend Mrs. Clinton any further as I too was unable to reconcile the given explanation. I immediately closed the discussion by telling my daughter that we should not be so quick to judge people. I later had an uncomfortable feeling that I did not handle the discussion very well and attributed the reason to my belief that Senator Clinton did not demonstrate integrity with the Bosnia incident. I believe that her questionable credibility is why her negative rating is becoming a problem. I know in my heart she lied but left with the optics of the alternate choice I feel that I must continue to support her. What advice can my fellow Hillary supporters offer so I can go back to my daughter and continue this important conversation?

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to get some gw gold and the GuildWars Gold is given by my close friend who tells me that the Guild Wars Gold is the basis to enter into the game. Therefore, I should GuildWars money with the spare money and I gain some cheap gw gold from other players.

Anonymous said...

Hello!

very nice post... enjoyed it very much.

Thank you

http://www.best-tutor.com

good site

tutor
tutor